CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT FOR THE FOLLOWING NATIONAL OR CHAPTER ROLES: SECRETARY; RISK MANAGER; TREASURER; myCISV COORDINATOR
This agreement is between “YOU” and CISV International.
“YOU” are serving in a specific role of organizational responsibility in your CISV National Association.
In order to perform your role, you need to have special access to some personal data of individual CISVers as well as to information about programmes and general CISV operations.
We know that you understand how important it is that we keep this information safe and confidential, and that we only use it as we need to for our roles. This is important for several reasons:
- The safety and security of our programmes and events;
- The safety and security of individuals;
- To respect the privacy of our participants and members; and,
- There are strict legal requirements with very high fines for violations.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
WHAT YOU MUST DO:
- Keep all information about participants and other individuals strictly confidential
- only share it on a “need to know” basis
- only use it for proper CISV purposes
|Examples of specific functions when you may need to use this data are:
- You will need to download and share documents like pre-Camps and programme information, but only send them to known and trusted people as they may contain information about individuals, site locations, and other things that some people will need to know, but should not be public
- Administer the myCISV Directory for your National Association and Chapter officials.
- Note, please contact them first and tell them that, as officials, their names and email/phone contact data will show in the Directory
- Contact officials and members in your National Association to follow up on programmes, and respond to queries
- Contact officials and members in your National Association to provide information about CISV
|NA Risk Manager
- Review and investigate incidents
- Contact officials and members of CISV National Associations to follow up on incidents, programmes, and to respond to queries
- Provide reports to your NA or CISV International or affiliated organizations on specific incidents or general trends
- Financial administration
- You will need to download and share documents like statements, invoices and offset credit notes, but only send them to known and trusted people as they may contain information about individuals, financial details, and other things that some people will need to know, but should not be public
- Help CISV keep a complete and accurate record of participation, while making participant information available to share with programme staff and leaders. They will be responsible for:
- On myCISV, assign LICs/Staff/Leaders/Delegates (“participants”) attending a CISV Programme or event from their Chapter or NA
- On myCISV unassign any “participants” who will no longer attend the CISV Programme/Event
- Where “participants” are not registered on myCISV, ask them to create an account.
- You may need to download and share documents with programme, event or personal information,
- only send them to known and trusted people
- only send them in a secure and safe way
- once your role has ended, you will fully destroy or delete any paper or electronic copies you have (on computer, phone, tablet etc…)
- Make sure people cannot access the material online
- have a strong password for any access to data and keep it secure
- sign out of your account and close the browser when you are not active in the system
- Contact CISV International at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions about this agreement or data security
- If you receive an concern or inquiry from anyone else about their data
- Follow all local laws that apply to you and your use of this information.
(You can find some suggestions regarding security in the CISV Data Protection Mini Guide ).
WHAT YOU MUST NOT DO:
- Share your password and access with others
- Print out or download copies of confidential information, except when it is strictly necessary for CISV purposes
- Leave any copies of confidential information anywhere that they can be found, seen or taken by anyone who does not need them for CISV purposes
- Keep copies for longer than necessary: you must safely shred or fully delete them immediately once you have finished with them.
You have an important role with a lot of trust and responsibility. Your support and hard work are greatly appreciated. We know that you will understand that, in line with good practice and the law, we are asking you to click below to indicate that you understand and agree to these confidentiality requirements.
Once you have agreed, you will be given access to the relevant information. That access will automatically stop when you are no longer in this role.