The call for candidates for the CISV International Governing Board election for 2024 is now open!
If you have a candidate in mind, or are thinking of running for election yourself, this page will tell you how to apply and the commitment and skills required.
The 2024 elections will be for 4 Governing Board Trustees. The open positions are:
- 3 Governing Board Trustees for three-year terms (2024-2027)
- 1 Governing Board Trustee for a two-year term (2024-2026)
Being part of the Governing Board has allowed me to use my skills and strengths while still being challenged to learn new things and see different perspectives.
I have been part of making a difference together with great people and I have been able to give back to a fantastic organisation. I have also learned a lot.
How to become a candidate for election
Any individual qualified to serve on the Governing Board can become a candidate for election by submitting a fully and properly completed Governing Board Candidate Information Package (see link below) by the deadline of 15 May 2024 (23.59 UTC).
We strongly suggest you submit your completed Information Package well in advance of the deadline, to allow us time to check that your application is complete and you to make any necessary corrections.
If you do not wish to run but have someone else in mind as a potential candidate, please contact them directly to encourage their participation.
How to send your application
To download the application package, click the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in the top-left of the screen to download the whole file.
This package consists of the following forms:
- Governing Board Candidate Information Form (must be completed, signed and emailed directly to the Election Committee by the applicant)
- Endorsement Forms (two) for Governing Board Candidate (must be completed, signed and emailed directly to the Election Committee by the endorsers)
- Governing Board Candidate Confirmation of Membership and Background Check (must be completed, signed and emailed directly to the Election Committee by the National Association of the candidate. This requires two signatures, one of which must be the National Risk Manager)
- Please also indicate in your covering email whether you are applying for a three-year term, the two-year term, or for both
Remember that you cannot be accepted as a candidate unless we have received your fully completed Information Package by 15 May (23:59 UTC). All completed forms and checks must be sent (in Word format) to the Election Committee at email@example.com. Please also indicate in your email if you are applying for a three-year term, a two-year term or both.
It has been great to work with an amazing group of hugely talented and committed persons. The bonding is great and I feel I have grown both as an individual and part of a great team, working for a cause we all believe in.
One of the most rewarding parts of being on the Governing Board is being able to see and appreciate the complexity of our organization, to listen to our Members and make decisions that will support our volunteers all around the world, who are working toward a very simple goal - peace education
Governing Board Meetings
The Governing Board generally meets between 8-10 times per year. Most meetings last around 3-4 hours and are virtual. There are 1-2 in-person meetings annually, lasting for 3 days each and usually held in the UK. Elected Governing Board Trustees are welcome to attend the August 2024 Governing Board meeting as observers and will be expected to attend the September 2024 meeting. See the Governing Board and Committees page for the date of the August meeting. Dates for the September meeting will be announced later this year.
Skills Gap Analysis
Will be sharing more details about the kinds of skills and experience required for this year's Governing Board, based on a skills gap analysis of the current and outgoing board members. Please check back here soon for more details.
Being a Charity Trustee
You can read The Charity Commission guidance to find out more about what being a charity trustee involves.
Please also see the following documents:
- Governing Board Terms of Reference
- Election Procedures for the Governing Board
- Trustees Code of Conduct
- Conflict of Interest Policy
The members of the 2024 Election Committee are: Natasha Clarita, Anne Marie Dimalanta and Simon Clear.